Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Mix & Match: Kahlo Necklace




Crochet tubes being the unwavering constant these days, have not yet tempted me to fling them away; on the contrary I am working on several interesting designs I cannot wait to finish. And there are lots more sketches in my notebook, but the time will show how all that turns out.

HOWEVER, trying to give myself a rest from all that tubular work, I took out my treasure boxes and played a little mix and match with the hidden gems. My plan was to enrich the collection of bohemian necklaces and I settled for the following color combo.





I chose different flower patterns, included the ceramic pin I was saving for a "good" project, threw in some trims and wooden beads and Voila! The Kahlo necklace for your viewing pleasure!

It smells of tropical paradise, crystal blue waters and scrumptious cocktails. On the beach, in a hammock under a palm tree. Join me for a glass?




It is for sale here or here.


13 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Such an awesome colour-scheme! I love it! Can I bring my crochet along to your tropical beach-party?

Maya Kuzman said...

I am waiting for you :)
There is an empty hammock next to mine ;)

Alhana said...

You saved that ceramic pin for the perfect project! The name suits it perfectly. In fact, this necklace colour scheme reminds me of a non-alcoholic cocktail named Blue Tropic since the crochet flowers have the same shade of blue.
ps. May I join you too? :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Of course you can! Come on over!
I am not a cocktail person and I rarely know their names , except of the popular ones of course so Blue Tropic sounds just fine.

Mia said...

Perfect, Maya! So inspiring! Kisses, my friend.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous work as always!

A Crafty Mix said...

Stunning Maya, those colors works so beautifully together.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Mia, Tammy & Michelle! The colors worked really well!

Tarahlynn said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

Kim said...

Love all that turquoise and aqua gorgeousness. So very summery. Why, I don't mind at all to join you in a cocktail or two.

hobbyloes said...

Amazing necklace and the colors are so beautiful!

Karren Haller said...

Maya, you have a talent for creating the most eye catching necklaces, I love them all. I just shared on Pinterest!!
Thank you for sharing on #omhgff hope you will stop by again to share.

Sew Crafty Crochet said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used to create these lovely flowers!