Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tiny Studio Ideas


I don't have a real studio. I've been dreaming of such for ages.
I have a part of my living room converted into a creative spot/studio. We've been searching for some small brick and mortar places to make into a studio for me, but the expenses are so huge, no person right in the mind would undertake such a step. So into the living room I stay.  That doesn't mean that my mind is constricted - no...no.. It soars up into fantasies filled with all sorts of beautiful rooms where yours truly could flaunt all crochet supplies, beads and findings, all my beautiful fabric and trims....

I don't let my spirit fall. I always look up to this quote:

Stop waiting for the ideal art/craft studio. Find a spot, claim it as yours and make art!

Here I am showing 4 of my favourite creative spaces / studios.
The first one belongs to Kelly Rae Roberts.

This one belongs to Alisa Burke. Hers is enormous but I couldn't left it out of this post. 




Hannah has an enchanting creative corner.

And finally there is Alicia's shed transformed into this gorgeousness!




How about you? Do you have a studio? If not, where do you create?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you because I have the same problem! No room for my own studio...
I crochet in the living room and our bookcase has yarn on top of every book :-) I do have a small place to keep my stash but it's just big enough to make 2 steps... My stash is piled up to the ceiling there ;-)
But it's so nice to dream of such beautiful spaces like you show here.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

As you know, I am privileged to have a room all to myself, to have a little studio, but gosh! I'm so jealous of the pretty work spaces you've just shown us! My studio is crammed (it is the smallest room in the house!), shelves and working table are overflowing, boxes piled on top of the shelves... No space to breathe really and no space anyone can move around in but myself (nearly each time the hubby ventures in he overturns something)...

Cream Linen said...

I'm dreaming of having a lovely ,creative,inspiring,cosy room where to create my 'art' but I don't , so I carry my craft stuff from room to room,depending on the season and time I have ,but I really long for a beautiful space to make it my studio. Who knows ,maybe one day......

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for sharing this. It's consoling to know I am not alone in my wishes :)

ezgi said...

Woww wowww wow beautiful ideas dear Maya. I would like to have studio for my craft stuff. I have dream about it :)
My studio should be colorful :)
xx Ezgi

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It would be very nice to have a dedicated space. The tv room is where I store most of my craft supplies and it is on the loveseat here where I blog and make things. :)

Kippi O'Hern said...

I love all these spaces. I started out with a corner in my bedroom which was 11' by 11' so my sewing space was tiny. Now I have a large studio, but I want to sell and build a 3k sq ft studio and a 1,800 sq ft home opposite to what I have now. I want to create and invite others over to create too. It takes time, but never give up. So glad I found you on the link party today. Happy Summer, Kippi

Maya Kuzman said...

Aren't all the best one colorful?!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for sharing Tammy! Sharing all your stories is like chicken soup for my soul.

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Kippi, that is one fantastic idea and I hope you gather lots of creative enthusiasts and share space and inspiration together!