Friday, September 7, 2018

Crochet Hanging Flowers Bracelet - free pattern



 
 
At first, I wanted to name this the cheat bracelet, because it is obvious it's not a regular bracelet, but it is quite unique,  super cute in design and could pass for a boho bracelet.
 
Whenever I work on a tedious or a difficult (repetitive crochet) project, I vent out by working on a project that would ease my mind, and on one such occasion this particular design was made. Playing with flowers I arranged them like shown and thought it would be interesting they hung onto a foundation and voila!
 
Here's the pattern so you can make one too!
 
Foundation of bracelet using sport yarn and 1.9 mm hook.
 
Chain as many chains you need to fit that chain around your wrist. Mind to have even number of chains. The ends should meet.
 
For the sample bracelet I chained 40.
Row 1: Starting from 3rd ch from hk, hdc1 across.
Row 2: ch3, sk 2,scin next st. Repeat this pattern across.
Row 3: repeat row2. When you come to the end ch 5 and sl st in the beginning foundation row. Ch 1 and sc5 in the chain. Cut yarn, leave tail, make a knot and weave the tail in.
 
 
 
Small flower pattern
Ch 5 and join to make a ring.
Round 1: sc 5 in ring.
Round 2: ch3, sl st in next st. Repeat this for all 5 sts. Cut yarn, tie it, weave it.
 
 
 
Big flower pattern
 
Make the first 2 rounds of the small flower.
Next  - round 3: in the 1st chain, hdc1, dc2, hdc1, sl st. Repeat this pattern for the other 4 chains. When done, tackle the tail.
 
 
The flowers can be sewn on or you can attach them with jump rings. The second photo shows how to attach them. I wasn't satisfied with the looks of it - looked bare to me, so after it was made I sewed some seed beads to it. If you like it decorated, consider sewing the beads prior to assembling the flowers.
 
Also I consider adding a small chain so I could slip the smallest flower at the end through the middle finger and make it a true boho bracelet.
 
 

 

8 comments:

Alhana said...

You may call it cheat but it looks like a true bracelet to me! Adding a loop for middle finger as you suggest would make it stay in place and more comfortable to wear. I am getting so much inspiration on what to do with yarn leftovers from my necklace that I don't know where to start! :-)

Kate said...

Maya, I love your bracelet. You're so clever to use a finger loop to hold the bracelet in place and those split rings for attaching the flowers are a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing your design and ideas. ^^

Maya Kuzman said...

I am so glad this is inspirational Alhana! This indeed is a great stash buster.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for the lovely comment and visit Kate!

Tarahlynn said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's House we go link party!

A Crafty Mix said...

Oh I love this Maya. A while ago I bought a black lace version and I wear it every opportunity I get. I need to see if a friend of mine who knows how to crochet can make me one using your pattern. It's lovely

Kim said...

A beautiful and oh-so-chic bracelet, Maya!

Jake and Midge said...

I love the bracelet... with the finger loop and it going from the bracelet to the finger, It looks like a "Slave Bracelet" I have a couple of slave bracelets.. they are different and unique.. I love them