Sequin embroidered hats have been quite a hit these past summers and Eva and I wanted to decorate her floppy, shabby and slightly discolored hat the minute we saw one, but it didn't happen right away for us.
I have like 4-5 spools of sequin ribbons in different colors but we settled for this lovely orange one to suit this particular bathing suit. Now, if you ask me, when tackling this kind of projects, I rarely turn to glue - of whatever sort - unless it is the ultimate god of all glues - the E6000. I swear by the sewing thread. Sewing everything tightly in place is what I turn to, to have a job well done. But this time I was batch working (I will talk about it another time) and time was pressing so I turned to glue.
I used a permanent marker to write the word Summer and then glued the sequin ribbon over it. I still think sewing it would have been way better. Maybe dull and boring as hell, but much better.
Nevertheless, here we are with a hat that got itself a face lift. She loves it and that is what really counts.