Thursday, June 29, 2023

Abbott Fuller Graves & I

A couple of days ago I came upon this picture on Instagram, and I cannot take it out of my head. It represents everything I've been yearning for, for quite a while now. A little cottage in the country with a big porch and an even bigger garden, surrounded by tons of flowers. Me sitting in a chair, crocheting and soaking up all the sounds and smells of nature.
 
A picture of peacefulness, tranquility,and comfort. A save haven for the mind and a balm for the soul!
Abbot Fuller Graves and I may not have many things in common - but the love of nature (flowers) is certainly a strong tie.



4 comments:

Alhana said...

Not my favourite painter, but I do love the calm atmosphere he depicts. :-)

Divya said...

I would love a porch like that too - with all those roses!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Definitely images that evoke a feeling of peace and serenity.

Robin Kelly said...

I found a painting by Abbott Fuller Graves on my daughter's 30th birthday it was Doorway and garden not his most famous painting but I had to buy it, the colors were so beautiful, his friend Booth Tarkington once said about his paintings "when you look at one of Graves gardens, you think you have seen that garden somewhere; and you have because it is a garden you have dreamed about. His canvasses are friendly and familiar and wistful; and there is a bit of a dream in each of them-something of moonlight stolen into sunshine. Flowers are the things easiest to paint-badly; but Abbott Graves has made himself the master painter of flowers". I think Moonlight stolen into sunshine is so beautiful and accurate for his painting I too long for those gardens and beautiful moonlight stolen into sunshine, Enjoy.