Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Crochet and AI

 

 Via
 
                                                                               Via

Via

Will you look at these stunning bouquets?!! 
 
My jaw literally dropped when they appeared in my feed. Silly as I am, prior to reading the caption, I zoomed in to see what techniques the designer used to make them, thinking "oh, she mixed them with fabric flowers,... wait this doesn't look like knit or crochet,!", and then it dawned on me that it must be an AI image. And I was right. Because the caption was clear about that.
These wonderful images were created by a truly talented designer who runs the Sprinkle of AI on instagram.
Wouldn't it be nice to have them made in reality? 

6 comments:

Sum of their Stories said...

I've seen a lot of AI crochet and have very mixed feeling about it, but then I feel that about a lot of AI art! I prefer the real thing but it is pretty to look at and might be inspiring I guess?

Bella said...

AI is ruining the art! I get very sad when I cannot tell if it is a real painting by a very talented artist or just AI! I think we are not in a good place with AI, but that's me!

Divya said...

Yes, AI art can be a big inspiration for real life creations. A bouquet of fabric, leather flowers and crochet flowers might be a great idea.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm not a fan. I can usually tell when an image is AI generated. There's just something not quite right about it but a lot of people seem to be fooled. That's the scary part because it means one can be fooled about really serious matters. Not good at all.

Maya Kuzman said...

I have mixed feelings about it as well. I do feel it is ruining art, but so inspiring...

Maya Kuzman said...

It is chilling to think what else might result from it. And you are right. There is always something not quite right, but I am afraid that as it evolves it might get to the point when we are not going to make the difference. 😶