Friday, August 18, 2023

Crochet That Looks Like Knitting

                                          Picture and socks made by Martina with batik yarn

I love the waistcoat crochet stitch, simply because it gives the piece a knitted look. I have never tried it though, but it is on my to-do list. 
One of my young customers sent me this picture of the socks she made using cotton batik yarn. She also sent me the link to the video for these crochet socks, so if you are intrigued, and would love to make them, check it out. 
I am also entertaining the idea of introducing a new thread of posts titled "My Customers are Talented People". My customers love sharing photos of the things they made using yarn bought from my shop and they are always featured on my yarn shop FB page.

2 comments:

Sum of their Stories said...

They look amazing! I've not tried this stitch but that is SO knit like I must give it a try sometime. I've tried a crochet rib effect a few times, when you work sideways and in the front only which I really like the look of.
You really do have talented customers!

Maya Kuzman said...

I saved this to try it myself, but not yet onto it. I am very into granny socks right now, and they are my main distravtion at the moment.