Friday, September 15, 2023

Beach Bag Rewamp


Several weeks ago I was given this jute bag to serve me for groceries shopping. But as it has a plastic nylon lining inside, I thought it might be better if I use it as a beach bag.
 
I also knew I had to do something to cover that logo, and my first idea was to make it a tropical setting using this pattern, but on the other hand I wanted something new and fresh, and decided to make it more "coastal" if I can use this term for these appliques. 
 
I was not wrong to use it a s a beach bag as it has been a real saver - the wet towels do not dampen it, and it is easy to clean when brought back from the beach.
 
It's quite spacious, and I can store everything I need for the beach in it. I pray it lasts for many more summers.

10 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Nice motifs for the beach bag. I have many baskets and bags that I want to add crochet details to, but just haven't done it yet. The only thing I seem to be good at most days is procrastinating. :/ Happy Friday!

Stephanie said...

What an adorable beach bag! Very cute. Thank you for joining us and sharing it at Crazy Little Love Birds link party #6. I'm so happy you decided to join us.

Pam said...

That is so darling and special! Such a beautiful transformation, Maya.

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Hola Maya!
Ha sido una gran idea reciclar la bolsa para la playa ๐Ÿ–️ la decoraciรณn coastal es muy original.
BESOS

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love how you added the cute appliques you crocheted Maya. It looks so cute and perfect for the beach.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! Hubs teased me and said it looks like a children's drawing, but I don't care. I would love to see him try and crochet waves ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maya Kuzman said...

Well, I was so thoroughly and completely exhausted by everything that has happened this year, so this holiday was the light at the end of my tunnel, and I eagerly worked on every single project I planned with vigor. Must blame the dopamine levels ๐Ÿ˜Š

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for having me Stephanie!๐Ÿ’

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you, Pam. And very useful at that ๐Ÿ˜Š

Maya Kuzman said...

Much obliged MJ! Thank you so much! Hugs!