Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Testing out a mixed acrylic yarn

 Ayda is a Turkish yarn brand that I have in my shop, and on my last visit to the factory, I chose to test their "Fabrika" yarn. It is a variegated acrylic mix, amazingly attractive and pleasing to the eye. Now, I am quite reluctant to work with acrylic yarn because, if I am being honest, it's not eco-friendly, it can be scratchy and less breathable than natural fibres. However, I opted for this brand because of the softness and of the yarn and its velvety feel. Plus, the colorwork was amazing in all the twisted hanks. 
 
I've been quite away from my blog, but as can be seen from the pictures, my time was spent prolifically. I used this brand for different projects - most of them  finished; there are shrugs, boleros, cardies and scarves. I cannot wait to show you guys what I've made so far! Stay tuned!





6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Our yarn selections are limited here but we do get many varieties of Turkish yarn. Not sure this one is available though. Mostly find acrylic in the market, with cotton being the only really natural fiber.

Bella said...

I really like these variegated yarns. I feel so much comfortable with needle work. Clay is a newbie for me, and I have been trying it out sparingly. The book come out better than I thought :)

Maya Kuzman said...

We have several yarn producers locally, but their aim is the foreign market, so we (yarn shop owners) are reduced to getting the scraps, which is quite sad. Still, one can find an interesting and varied yarn offer.

Maya Kuzman said...

As a Joan of all trades, there are hardly any crafts I haven't tried, bus surely I stick to the ones I am most fulfilled with. I am sad though that in the past three years I haven't had any time to dabble in lots of crafts other than crochet and embroidery.

Stephanie said...

Maya, I love the projects you are working on. Thank you for sharing your post on testing our mixed acrylic yarn at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #37.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Stephanie! It's been a joyful ride! 😊