Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Romantic cuff



You are looking at my new romantic cuff.

I have had this left over cuff from this project and I saved it just for something like this. I am happy how it turned out and I know it'll be my favourite!

This is how I made it:

A cuff from an old shirt whose colors I didn't like so


I took a plain white cotton, marked it


and covered the cuff . Before stitching I inserted a lace in between the layers.

I sandwiched that lace.


And top stitched all over it.


Then I added a lace ribbon over it.


I sewed a white elastic on one end.


I covered a button with the same lace and put it on the other end.


Then I made a flower by combining the two fabrics.


Here it is finished! Isn't it cute?

5 comments:

Cold Oatmeal and Purple Cows said...

Fabulous idea! I just discovered your blog and am truly enjoying reading through the archives. I am going to be one busy lady!
Rebecca

Papgena Made It said...

Lovely!!
And clever!!!

Anonymous said...

oh this is so very creative. so nice.x

Teresa aka Tess said...

very clever!!

DragonLady said...

I just found your blog, and hope to read your older posts. :) I like your little cuff, and think you did a fantastic job.