Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Mosaic blouse

We've spent the most wonderful day in the village of Tabanovce. It felt like a day stolen from heaven!
I wore my newest blouse I made yesterday. I named it the Mosaic blouse.

The pattern being simple, I decided to experiment and add a bit of character to it.

The 'mosaic' is appliqued up at the shoulder and along the side for effect. I played with it and thought I might add something in the center, but it seemed 'crowded' and just didn't fit the picture. For the applique I used a piece of upholstery fabric. I still have some of it left and I plan to make myself a clutch.

Shoulder view


Up close.


Side view.


The fabric is the cutest shade of neither blue nor green which I love and actually bought 6 meters of it. It was a bargain so I couldn't resist.


However, this is not the end of the story. I also made Eva a tunic and plan to make something else for myself. Drafting the pattern for it.

5 comments:

Clara in Paradise said...

I love the blouse, love the picture. The appliqué is what takes the blouse from OK to great. Good to see appliqués used in an adult fashion.

Good job.

Papgena Made It said...

great job!
you just put enough to spice the blouse...in the center would be too much no doubt!

Ravenhill said...

how pretty and unusual the top is! I really think it is beautiful as can be. You look so pretty in the meadow. Enjoy the summer days.

Atlanta said...

So lovely and unusual!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you ladies, you are so sweet!