So according to 'the rules' I have to say 10 random things about me.
1. I love all things vintage. I collect vintage things but mostly things that belonged to my family and have a special emotional value.
One of those is this lovely fish brooch I received from my grandma which I will treasure forever.
2. I am crazy about books - I always say that it is as if someone has put a curse o n me. I am an avid reader and I am proud of it! I can get lost in libraries forever. My likes vary to the extremes. However as a BA in English language and literature I have a softness for British writers.
An anecdote: About 7 years ago I discovered Terry Pratchett. I fell for his humour and imagination in a heart beat. And there I was sitting alone in a crowded bus station, waiting for an intercity bus and reading his "Wyrd Sisters". Suddenly I found a dialogue in the book so hilarious I actually laughed out loud. Couldn't restrain myself! People must have thought I was nuts! I still get a throbbing feeling of embarrassment when I think of that awkward instance! I have made a mental note to myself: Pratchett mustn't be read in public places!
4. I am profoundly interested in ethnology! I love discovering and learning about the customs and traditions of my and other countries. At the time being I am studying our traditional folk costumes. The ultimate goal I've set for myself is to make (sew) an authentic female costume regardless of how time consuming and difficult it turns out to be.
5. I love photography! I am not as good as I would like to be and I am considering taking a course this summer. I love taking pictures of my family and nature. Oh, when it comes to taking pictures I also have a thing for doors (and windows). There is a reason why. I'll leave that as a topic for another post.
6. As mentioned above, I love nature in its every form and shape. And I am obsessed with environmental issues and preservation of our planet. I love being able to raise the consciousness of the young people for the environment through my profession and I hope that small contribution shall pay off in the future.
7. We would love to have a cottage in the mountains as a retreat from all the hubbub of the modern world. With a huge garden with lots of trees and flowers. And a place where I would be able to grow my own food. That would be something!
8. I love old-fashioned correspondence! In the past (before my children were born) I corresponded with lots of people for many years. There was literally no place in the world where I didn't have a pen friend. But I stopped doing that and still miss it. Letters have a special charm for me!
This blog is a proof of my inclination to write - especially this post. I just hope that I didn't kill you to death with my story today! So let's this be the end of it!
Furthermore, as part of the award I have to nominate other blog authors for it.
I will choose:
If you haven't visited them yet, don't hesitate! You''ll immensely enjoy them!