Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy fall to all!

 
When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year.
~Charlotte L. Riser~ 


To celebrate its arrival, I made myself this fall inspired brooch for the bolero shown here which on its part, is experiencing some modifications. I have set myself into fall refashioning mode and started lengthening sweatshirts and pants 'cause the limbs of my offspring have grown during the summer. Have you created anything for the fall?
 

6 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Maya,
Absolutely adorable, love the colours.
Happy Fall!
Hugs from Portugal.

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Oh so pretty!

Unknown said...

You couldn't have picked a more appropriate way to celebrate fall than this Maya, this is so YOU! Love the warm autumn colours, your brooch looks gorgeous!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Happy fall Maya! We are working on our fall creations. Your autumn creation is lovely, we also need to extend some hems here and there:) wishing you a great week!

RobyGiup said...

Happy fall to you!
Personally I don't like fall very much, so I'm definitely not in autumn-creation-mode. Actually I'm still in newborn-sewing-mode since not all the babies expected for this period are already born (and I still have to sew a ring sling), then I think I will go directly into Christmas mode!!! :)

Vanessa said...

Maya,

What a lovely saying and I love the brooch you made.

Vanessa