Friday, September 28, 2012

Mori girl fashion




 via

The first time I found about the mori girl fashion I was enchanted at first sight because it embodied my love for vintage and natural - handmade style, with a bit of ethno, a style built up on generous amount of laces, ribbons, flounces and layered clothes with a sprinkle of Gothic and Victorian soft and comfortable elements and fairy tales. The style is comfortable, loose and dreamy, often romantic and highly feminine.


The Mori is actually a Japanese street fashion. The term Mori girl ("mori" means "forest" in Japanese) is  used to describe a girl that dresses in (mainly) earth colors, that wears loose and girly dresses and layers.

The fabrics that distinguish this style beside  cotton and wool also incliude crochet, knit and fur pieces.  



For more of the style - visit my pin board here.
 

6 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Until recently, I had never heard of Mori, but I have been following your pin board and loving all of the garments.

Way Out Wear said...

This is new to me, thank you for introducing this style to me. Wow, it's quite inspiring! And very lovely.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Maya, so glad you've introduced the term Mori to us, for I'd never heard of this either. Of course I'm familiar with this type of clothing, it's actually the romantic style I'd like to wear best! THanks for sharing your wonderful post, enjoy your weekend, hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Papgena Made It said...

This new to me also! I've learned sometingo new today, thanks to you! :)
There is a lovely blog award waiting for you here http://papgenamadeit.blogspot.pt/2012/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

(the orange necklace from the previous post is gorgeous!)

Vanessa said...

Maya,

How lovely are these pieces. They remind me when women loved to dress feminine. Lovely.

Vanessa

CrochetBlogger said...

This style is new to me and I adore it. Thanks for sharing it!