Saturday, September 22, 2012

Vintage Treasure Hunt 2





Can you believe this?  Well, at first I couldn't. I haven't counted the embroidery threads and I don't intend to but I will have to sort them by colors because this is a real mess. Some of these were in boxes, while others were in bags with the name of the gobelin they belong to. There were a lot of them put on cardboard patches (see below) and all messed up which will require good nerves, a steady arm and lots of time to unravel them.



  

 

The amazing, embroidered tablecloth I talked about in my last post. I am sorry it is a bit wrinkled but it was taken out of the closet after who knows how much time.

The beautiful, repeating detail of the roses.





My favourite gobelin and some other finds.



That's all for now!
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

8 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What finds! All that floss! You certainly can put it to good use. The tablecloth is beautiful, and in excellent condition. The lamp in the last shot is very intriguing, we have something similar, but a little larger. I love oil lamps.

Unknown said...

Good heavens Maya, what a treasure this is! All those fine embroidery threads will certainly give you hours and hours of pleasure! And that darling table cloth with superb roses... amazing... so beautiful... Enjoy! But I know you will!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Vanessa said...

Hi, Maya

What great treasure you have. I would go nuts with all those love embroidery floss and the vintage finds. I can't wait to see what you create with all those lovely floss.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Vanessa

Papgena Made It said...

That's a treasure indeed!
your husband's grandmother was a very talented lady, the tablecloth is gorgeous and the gobelins too (so much work!!!).
I remember seeing that DMC's boxes on my embroidery aunt's home, when I was a child!

Unknown said...

holey mackerel! the embroidery floss alone has me drooling from across the ether... WOW you!

Divya said...

That table cloth is amazingly beautiful..what a find :)

Pat S said...

I used to cross stitch before I had kids and had all this lovely floss and all kinds of supplies.One time when we were cleaning out the basement my family convinced me to get rid of it all. Of course, years later I'm wanting to try some crafts and embroidery now that the kids are all so busy. Regrets that all my supplies are gone. Lucky you on such a great find. Pat S

Nicol said...

Hola, esta muy hermoso tengo tiempo que lo quiero hacer, le podrías sacar fotos más de serca a la parte de en medio, por favor