This doily came with all the other stuff I inherited from hub's grandmother. I have no idea what she planned to do with this one - probably a tablecloth although the design is such that there is a lot of space in the middle that would fit over a ball.
I made a couple of dcs just to give it a finish.
Deep in work I completely forgot to take pictures of what I further made.
I lined the doily with taffeta and to make it sturdier I added a cotton piece over it. Did the same for the back except the doily, because it was just one.
I folded the upper part ...
... and then crocheted handle holders for these wooden handles I had at home. I think round wooden handles would be much more appropriate for this bag but I'll just have to leave that for another time.
Here it is from behind. Such a lovely bag for the summer. I am sure I will use it a lot.