Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Scheherazade's rings - beaded ceramic rings

 
 


Hi lovelies!

I am happy to present my newest mini collection of crochet and beaded ceramic rings inspired by 1001 nights.

As a child I was mesmerized by Scheherazade's stories and the enchanting pictures accompanying them - images that I still vividly remember and that I used as inspiration for the design of the rings.

The design of all three rings is unique. The ceramic rings were also made by me on a recent workshop I participated and I am quite satisfied how the whole process went - from the creation of the "ceramic beads", their painting and finally giving them their present appearance.

I am also happy to announce that there are some other ceramic beads currently being in the process of beautifying and dressing up and they will soon turn into rings and brooches.





21 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Really stunning rings! Congrats, they are unique!
Hope you have a wonderful end of week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ana! I quite enjoyed beading them. Beading is a strong stress reliever :)

Divya N said...

I love Arabian nights, I even remember buying a kids version of the book a few years ago to revisit the magic of reading them in my childhood. These rings are really unique and I am waiting to see the full collection.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya! Stories like those are nurturing and inspiring for a vivid imagination of kids like yours truly :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love how pretty and colorful you made the rings Maya.
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Julie xo

Alhana said...

They're beautiful! You get to learn a lot of intersting crafts in those workshops. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie!

Maya Kuzman said...

That's true. I will take another one soon :)

Stephanie said...

You make the loveliest things, sweet friend! I am always in awe of your creations.

Thank you for sharing this delightful post with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

Maya Kuzman said...

That is so sweet of you Stephanie! Thank you for the visit!

Angela said...

Very pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

handmade by amalia said...

These rings are fabulous, Maya. I've not seen anything like them.
Amalia
xo

Unknown said...

Very nice!:)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Angela!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad I made them and happy people respong great to them. Thank you on the sweet comment Amalia!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Passion!

Unknown said...

So cute!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for having me Jessica!

JES said...

What a beautiful project! I especially love that it is inspired by a favorite book! Books are a bit of a weakness for me :) Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth.

Maya Kuzman said...

My weakness too, Jes.I am a voracious reader and books are an endless source of inspiration!

Maya Kuzman said...

My weakness too, Jes.I am a voracious reader and books are an endless source of inspiration!