Wednesday, October 19, 2016

When Quilting Meets Crochet









A while ago, going through my "pile of probably not going to ever finish them" projects, I came upon a project I started eons ago. A cheat quilt as I used to refer to it - which today has a more sophisticated name- or so pinterest told me - and it's called quilted and crochet fusion blanket.

Well, at the time, I as a very eager mother to make my firstborn a cheat quilt she was supposed to treasure forever, cut and sew laboriously pieces of her clothing she admired, of which there is a glimpse you can actually see here, and that was it. I put the pieces back into the "forgotten drawer". I didn't want to return to it  - yet I might try this in the future using my vintage fabric scraps I've been jealously holding onto.

So when the very first quilted / crochet blanket above appeared in my pinterest feed, it flushed back all the memories. And the desire which I hope will resist other whims my mind gets tackled with on daily basis. Until then, enjoy these beauties.


<a href="http://lilliansstitches.blogspot.mk/2013/05/fusion-blanket-complete.html">Via

 Via

12 comments:

Alhana said...

First time hearing of those cheat quilts (I love the name you came up with) and loving them already! I hope you try this and treasure your quilt forever. ♥

Ana Love Craft said...

A wonderful meeting! I love the delicate combination!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Rose said...

I dream to do one like that, I already saw it on pinterest and I was mad of it!! soon!!! I will do it !!!
thank you for theses beautiful pics.
Rose, xx

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana ;)

Maya Kuzman said...

Ivwould love to be able to do a proper quilt, but this comes a lot easier - at least for me :)

Maya Kuzman said...

I'd love to see it Rose. So glad you like these!

Cream Linen said...

It was the first time for me too to see crochet combined with quilting. The results are very interesting . I especially liked the quilt on the first photograph.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Tina :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Isn't it? It's an amazing eye candy :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I really love the combination. So pretty!

Mary K. said...

Maya these are little masterpieces of art. So intricate and beautiful to look at.

Maya Kuzman said...

:l

Maya Kuzman said...

Totally agree with you!