Monday, February 13, 2017

Inspiration Monday: Lidia Puica - Sculptural Crochet Artist

 


Happy Monday all!

Today I want to present an artist that creates incredible sculptural jewelry. Her name is Lidia Puica and she comes from Romania. After graduating from the University of Arts & Design she focused on making jewelry and textile art, crochet and embroidery being her main techniques.

She loves accentuating volumes and working on mixing and matching different textures and colors, thus creating stunning new shapes and forms that evolves into little sculptures of art.


Main working materials include cotton yarn, glass beads, wooden elements, leather and fabric and the fuel for inspiration comes from the nature that surrounds her.



 


I love following the updates on her Facebook page, but you can also visit her on her blog or etsy shop.



 

10 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

I always enjoy it when you introduce amazing artists.
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Happy to hear that Amalia! I am so glad I am able to spread some love!

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Thank you for sharing, dear Maya. There are so many wonderful artists around...

Maya Kuzman said...

Very welcome Marjan!

Kim said...

Oh wow.....Lidia's creations are truly works of art. Each are filled with beautiful colour and design. I can only imagine the time, patience and love that has gone into each lovely piece. Just incredible. Thank you for sharing this amazing artist with us, Maya.

admirartem said...

Fantastic jewels! I visited her etsy shop and I loved every single piece there. Lot of ispiration. I think she is so great and I like her style because she uses different techniques like crochet, embroidery, bead and wire together to create a single jewel. Thanks for sharing her work.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such amazing work!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for always taking the time to leave such sweet comments Kim!
I have been admiring her work for quite a while now - it is really impressive!

Maya Kuzman said...

You know Lilah.. I was drawn to her work for the same thing. What an incredible mux of techniques!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes!