Monday, February 6, 2017

Inspiration Monday: Olga Orlova Masterful Beadwork Artist


 
 

In my spare time I love browsing the internet, especially pinterest and fuel my inspiration. That's how I happened upon master extraordinaire Olga Orlova. And I was mesmerized because her beadwork is stunning and not something you can see every day.





In my pursuit to find out more about Olga's work I found out that she is a native of Russia and lives in St. Petersburg. Being raised in a culture-enhancing and enriching household, among art books, museums and exhibitions, she had a steadfast path to becoming an artist herself. She employs ancient embroidery techniques combining silk embroidery, gold-work embroidery, pearl and bead sewing. Her embroidery has the quality of a priceless painting. The usual time she needs to create a piece of artful beadwork is two months and her palette includes jewelry, handbags, purses, dolls and icons.



To learn more about Olga and her work firsthand, read this article.  
If you want to buy one of Olga's masterpieces, inquire here.


 

8 comments:

admirartem said...

What an impressive and detailed embroidery...really like paintings.
Definitely a great artist! Thanks Maya for this discovery.

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad you like her work Lilah :)
I am still under heavy impression!

Divya N said...

Wow! I am dumbstruck, these jewelry, purses, they are truly gorgeous

JES said...

Oh my goodness! These are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing these beauties on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

Maya Kuzman said...

I knew you'd like them Jes :)
Thank you for having me!

The Charm of Home said...

Oh my! I am loving this.

The Charm of Home said...

I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!

Kreativna radionica Monika said...

I am impressed with these jewerly, purses. They are soo amazing. I am without comment besides this beauty.