Monday, July 19, 2021

How to Store (Crochet) Patterns

 

Happy Monday friends!

Today I am sharing a practical and effective idea how to  organize your crochet / knitting / DIY patterns. 

You need:

1. A file binder/folder
2. A4 perforated file cases (covers/sleeves)
3.  Colourful file folder stickers / planner stickers or washi tape
4. Highlighters / markers (optional)


File binders usually have an inside cover pocket, so print out (or write) the content of your folder. I have divided mine into 4 generic categories: jewelry, accessories, clothes and home decor. You can add sub-categories like (for jewelry): necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings, etc. 

Stick  different colour sticker next to each category. 

Put your patterns into the cases and stick the sticker that matches the relevant category. I have my patterns printed on both sides of the paper for easier handling and usage.


 

Now this is optional, but I find it quite useful. 

Use the highlighters to underline the row that you are at in case you have to leave your work, or tick the rows that you've finished. You can also write down your own notes. Once you get back to work on your project, you can easily erase these markings with paper napkins (or a whiteboard / bath sponge). 



I hope you find this idea practical and useful.

Do please share in the comments how you store your patterns. 
 

9 comments:

Bella said...

The idea of the transparent folders to mark as you go is a neat idea.
I have my patterns stored in a large folder with separators for each category (doilies, runners, tablecloths, ornaments, flowers, home, ...). Normally I print out the patterns (double-sided) and then punch them to store in the folder.

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, your organization tip usi g a folder with separators is neat as well, Bella! Thank you for sharing!

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh this is such a good idea and so organized. I don't knit but I use to work for Soho Publishing and learned a lot about the industry. This would make a great article.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, Allie thank you so much! I assumed you worked for a fashion industry. You have an incredible sense for fashion and styling!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Thanks Maya for sharing how you organize your patterns in the binder. I do the same with some of my patterns.

April J Harris said...

What a wonderful system for organising your patterns. It looks visually appealing and really easy to use. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Have a wonderful weekend!

Shami Immanuel said...

Wonderful idea for storing the patterns.

My thrift store addiction said...

What a great way to organize your pretty patterns! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for hosting, April! I always enjoy joining your parties!