Recently I joined Payhip, after seeing many designers sign up for the program. So let's start first with what it is about.
Payhip is an e-commerce platform founded by Abs and Kahin Farah and it is based in London, UK. Currently, there are 130,000 sellers worldwide. The platform enables anyone to sell digital products (not only patterns and tutorials, but also music, software, videos, images, etc), physical products and memberships directly to their fans and followers.
Payhip has a simple and basic interface that gives you the tools to not only build your online store, but also to help increase sales with a feature-heavy marketing and promotions suite.
I will have yet to see how everything works because I just created my shop this week, so far these are the things I love the most:
1) The store was easy to set up, files and picture upload is fast and since I already have the descriptions of my products laid out in other platforms, it was just copy and paste into the description field. Everything is at a click of the mouse.
2) Files are delivered instantly to buyers.
3) If you are selling digital patterns, they can stamp the buyers purchase details on every page of the PDF document to discourage customers from illegally sharing.
4) They take care of the VAT which is immeasurably beneficial, because I don't have the knowledge nor the time and energy to set that up for individual EU countries.
5) It's cost-effective - they charge 5% per transaction (sans the Paypayl / Stripe fees) and there are no other monthly fees. I might mention here that I started with the Basic plan which is free.
6) You can set up your own blog there as well as subscribers / membership programs.
7) They have built-in reporting tools, so you can closely follow your daily views, daily sales, top visitor sources, and conversion rates.
8) They offer an affiliate membership program.
As I said, I signed up with the basic plan, which is free. The other plans include:
* Plus Plan - costs 29$ per month (all the features included with unlimited digital downloads, products and revenue. They charge 2% transaction fee (without the Paypayl / Stripe fees)
* Pro Plan - 99$ per month with the same offer as the Plus Plan, but with zero transaction fee (without the Paypayl / Stripe fees).
I managed to list just a handful of products for the start, hoping to add more soon. So, this is a new adventure for me. Let's see how this one goes.
Do you use Payhip? Are you satisfied with it?