Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Another dress or two will certainly do!

Last week I sneaked (again!) to the fabric shop. What I had in mind was buying deep green velvet for yet another dress! After making the one in navy blue I yearned to make myself something romantic and feminine! One may think that I am overdoing it with the dresses but to tell you the truth my wardrobe is void of such garments. My winter wardrobe consists of corduroy trousers in several colours, the inevitable pairs of jeans and a ton of thick-fabric skirts. I have two or three winter dresses (not taking the formal ones in account) and they are so old I actually don't remember when I bought them. I consider myself a dress person and my summer dress collection is stunning while the winter one is deprived of them.
Thus I set on making quite a lot - five to be exact - (to compensate for all the years back) and I made sketches what I want with the green velvet and the red thin woolen fabrics.


This is what I came up with. I cannot decide on the red one. I love both variations and I still don't know which one is going to prevail.

While for the green one I want to make this:



Speaking from past experiences these may turn out quite differently because not once have my sketches been just a starting point. When I start working ideas rush down and I usually end up with something else. Nevertheless I have never been disappointed with what I've made so I hope this shall be the case this time.

1 comment:

Tuppence said...

I can't wait to see these "in the flesh." I haven't had the nerve to draw then design yet. Maybe this year I will be inspired to try!