Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fir cone brooch and ring


Continuing the series of organic jewelery, this is what I made with fir cones. A lovely brooch.
I had plenty of fir cones that we gathered last year and which I used to decorate my home.



Working with them was a real challenge because they were pretty tough.
I cut the upper part down to the last layers, smoothed its inner surface. I painted the surface of the one for the brooch, but left the one for the ring plain because I liked its natural appearance.


Must say I am completely equipped with accessories for this fall.
Still there's more coming up!

6 comments:

Ophelia.K said...

The brooch is so lovely, the cone looks like a berry! Yum!
I like natural materials you use and wondered why I can't even think of it!

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh you are so sweet Ophelia!
Thank you!

ByNightCreations said...

an amazing idea as always! and a beautiful result! I am jealous ;-)

Mruna Mistry said...

I love the brooch...Amazing Idea!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I don't even know what a fir cone is! hahha
great idea!
thanks for linking up to my first ever party.
gail

Lisa said...

That fir cone ring is such good idea! I love it