Saturday, September 11, 2010

Watermelon earrings and a necklace - organic jewelery



The continuation of my series of organic jewelery is with the lovely watermelon earrings and necklace.
The crocheted earrings are quite tiny. While crocheting them I thought my eyes are going to run out! However, it was worth it because I love how they turned out so delicate and sophisticated! It will be a real pleasure to wear these cuties!



Watermelon seeds come in such different hues of brown and black it is really amazing.
For my necklace I had sparkled brownish/beige seeds. I never paint watermelon seeds because nature has taken care of that itself.



This is the necklace with a crocheted detail.


Stay tuned until tomorrow. The series continues!

5 comments:

Ophelia.K said...

It's so tiny and lovely crochet motif! I also love watermelon seed idea! I had never thought it can be an accessory! Clever!

Mruna Mistry said...

I love the crocheted detail with the watermelon seeds! The white and brown look really good together...

Valerie said...

this is incredibly creative !
funny i came across your blog today, because i've just started to crochet a necklace yesterday ;) will show it on thursday i think for the creative spaces game...

ByNightCreations said...

These are all beautiful! How much patience do you have to make such precise work! I am super, super impressed!

Maya Kuzman said...

Valery:Thank you! Anxious to see your crocheted necklace! I am preparing something for the creative space too...
N: I thought I would go nuts by such miniscule work, but the end result was truly worth the effort!