Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scarf refashion with fabric flowers


Quite a while ago I mentioned that I refashioned a couple of scarves, but it took a while to document the process.
Recently, I received these plain scarves I immediately felt were desperate for a refashion. 



Initially I thought of crocheting different edges to the both of them, which I did but for the peach one, while for this, being off-white I wanted to sew lace I have in my stash, but I couldn't find the appropriate shade, so I decided to apply some fabric (silk) flowers.It turned out even greater than anticipated and I expect to use it a lot this summer. 



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Now isn´t that a superb idea, take a plain scarf and turn it into something this fashionable! Your flowers look lovely Maya, so pretty!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Jill said...

What a difference some pretty flowers make!
I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling project page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 400 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas.
Do come and take a look!
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

Unknown said...

I like this idea too. I have a few plain scarves that certainly could use a little flowery-pick-me-up. And so easy to do too, which is nice!

ILduska said...

Like :)

Ana Love Craft said...

Wow! So elegant and delicate, beautiful!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Very sweet. Thank you for linking at Shabbilicious Friday.

Anonymous said...

Love it Maya, and great to see you on craft schooling Sunday!

RobyGiup said...

Wonderful refashioning! :)