Monday, October 1, 2018

✽Happy October✽

 
HAPPY OCTOBER dear friends!
 
Although I am a summer child, I dearly love October and it has a big, warm, sparling place in my heart! It is filled with lots of family members and friends' birthdays and anniversaries, lots of celebrations and family gatherings...
 
Along with celebrating life and love, we'll be enjoying nature's change of attire, go pumpkin picking and chestnut roasting, we'll be cake making and tea drinking, travel a bit and read a lot. We'll be making warm sweaters, snuggly blankets and tons of homemade jam.  That is a glimpse of our bucket list.
 
What does yours look like?




 
 


All the images I used for this post are from Sarah Kay, because they always make me sit back and reminisce my fabulous childhood! If you are a Sarah Kay lover, you simply have to check out my post  where I revived my childhood memories here and go through  my board here!

12 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

YEZZZZ!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE Sarah Kay - always have, since I was a child (blame it on my mum, she put three small Sarah Kay pictures up in my room)! And I actually have the one with the tray in my kitchen. And a calender, pencils, ruler, a rubber, notebooks,..., fridge magnets,..., you name it (even cross-stitch kits, which I haven't opened yet)...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thankfully here, too, the weather is starting to change and I am very happy for that. It's also the month of our anniversary and the births of both our boys. My eldest turns 23 tomorrow. And the youngest is 20 at the end of the month. Time is flying! The Sarah Kay artwork is similar to the Holly Hobbie illustrations I grew up with. I remember as a child, wandering my neighborhood, and finding a box of notecards that someone had tossed, all with Holly Hobbie images on them. I might still have one of them around here somewhere. Happy October!

Kim said...

Your thoughts of Autumn make me wish that perhaps I would like it to be Autumn here......almost. =) I adore Sarah Kay images. As a young girl I had many things with these sweet images on them. I have some lovely vintage curtains with these sweet little girls as the stars.....I must refashion them into something pretty.

Divya said...

Your bucket list sounds fascinating. October is usually an extra busy month for me due to all the festivals. But this year there is a home renovation project going on so festivities have to take a backseat

Maya Kuzman said...

I know you do Marjan! This is a wonderful bond with childhood truly worth treasuring!

Cream Linen said...

Beautiful post, I love Sarah Kay and collected them when I was little. Happy October!!!

Alhana said...

Mine is also full of birthdays, saint days, family gatherings and celebrations. October is my favourite month of the year. Happy autumn!

Maya Kuzman said...

So glad you could relate to my love for October Tammy! Happy birthday to your son, both of them actually :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, vintage curtains!!! Well, I would love to see them of course. Sadly, apart from a sticker album, notebooks and stationery, I don't remember having more exciting items with the Sarah Kay characters.

Maya Kuzman said...

Good luck with the renovation Divya!

Maya Kuzman said...

Happy October to you too Tina!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yeyy !!! Glad the club is getting bigger Alhana!