Friday, October 5, 2018

Statement Flower Brooch



Let me tell you about my newest statement brooch!
It was made in spring (was it that long ago?) with a lovely DK mercerized cotton yarn I went crazy over and bought like nearly a ton in every possible color the shop had and they didn't have many {which is a pity} and the flower is composed of the lefties from another project that is yet to see the light of day.
 
It is really huge (see the last photo). It measures about 15 cm in diameter. And that is another thing about me. I either like my brooches small or gigantic :) Otherwise it wouldn't be a statement brooch if you ask me...
 
It comes with a brooch pin at the back which is not sewn onto it, so it can be pinned on shawls, coats, hats, bags, even belts!
 
I have it for sale if you are interested.
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Divya said...

You might have made it in spring but It looks great with the sweater in the picture. It is a good size to be worn with a jeans and a sweater

Anabelia Craft Design said...

Oh, what an amazing crochet brooch, my dear! It's really gorgeous. This brooch will be the real protagonist in any outfit! I love your crochet jewelry and you know it πŸ˜€ Have a wonderful weekend! πŸ’•πŸƒπŸŒΈπŸƒ

Maya Kuzman said...

It really is! I tried it on my coat and it was perfect!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Anabelia! Your sweet comments give my heart warm fuzzies!

Kim said...

And....such a glorious statement your flower brooch makes, Maya. It is beautiful. It would be the perfect adornment to whatever you placed it on. Such pretty colours, too.

Alhana said...

It is big indeed! I wouldn't have imagined that if you hadn't shown it on your hand for us to see. Very beautiful too. :-)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

That brooch is AWESOME! Perfect for coats indeed!

Tarahlynn said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's House We go link party!

A Crafty Mix said...

What a beautiful statement that makes. I love oversized jewelry, it always adds something dramatic to any outfit