Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Make a Woodland Brooch


 
 
Welcome to a crafty Wednesday friends!
 
This is a kind of a brooch I already have in my collection. I posted something similar a couple of years ago where I wanted to save a vintage laced napkin and used it to make a brooch.
 
So, working on a "woodland" collection (I know, I know.. I am always working on some sort of collection; it actually never stops round here....) I had to make many accessories and this came to mind promptly because it is:
 
a) immensely easy to make
b) conversation starter and makes head turns :)
c) adoooorable
 
Let's roll up sleeves and get to work!

What you need to make this brooch:
 
 
1) A lace piece
2) A piece of white tulle (you can almost miss it in the picture)
3) Crocheted leaves (pattern below)
4) A plastic  / (mine is) styrofoam mushroom
5) A small cone
 
Not shown but necessary
- a needle and thread
- hot glue / liquid silicon glue
- a brooch pin
- (optional) a round felt piece to cover the messy stitching of the pin at the back.

 
Step 1: Take the lace piece and fold it as shown.
Step 2: Have the threaded needle ready and sew the folds together.
Step 3: Crochet the leaves or make them out of felt.
 
Pattern for leaves: ch 13. Starting from 2nd ch from hook, hdc1, dc1, tr6, dc1, hdc1, sc1, sl st 1 (one side made) next repeat the pattern in reverse for the other side: sl st 1, sc1, hdc1, dc1, tr6, dc1,hdc1, sl st. Chain 13 more and repeat the leaf pattern for the second leaf.
 
Sew leaves onto the lace.
Step 4: Sew  (glue) the mushroom.
 
 
Step 5: Fold the tulle similarly to the lace and sew it at the back. Sew the pin too. Glue the felt piece to cover the brooch sewing.
Step 6: Glue the cone. Mind that the cones should not be heavy; if it is, it will pull on the whole piece
 
That's it! Say "Hi" to your new brooch!
 
 
 


12 comments:

Mia said...

Absolutely perfect, Maya!!!!!! I love that it is so easy to make it!!!! Thank you for the inspiring idea, my friend. Kisses!!!

Anabelia Craft Design said...

Lovely idea, Maya! I love the mixture of such diverse materials in a delightful result. So, so lovely! πŸ’•πŸƒπŸŒΈπŸƒ

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

So cute! You make it look so easy too! Love this!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Mia amd you are welcome! xoxo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Anabelia. What I like is the maximum effect with minimum effort and materials used

Maya Kuzman said...

Kisses to you Marjan!

Divya N said...

Totally cute! I think it could be made into a clip (headband) as well

handmade by amalia said...

Adoooorable indeed. And easy to make. I think I'll try it with my niece, it is the sort of project she is sure to like.
Amalia
xo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Super cute!

annies home said...

what a great idea, so super cute and perfect for collecting little goodies on our walks in the woods thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Tarahlynn said...

Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party, see you next week!

A Crafty Mix said...

Ahhhhhh Maya, you know how much I love teeny tiny little fairyish things. Your brooch is soooooooo adorable. What a lovely idea