Monday, November 12, 2018

The Istanbul Shawl


 
 
Hello, hello everyone! I wanted to alter my blogging schedule a little and skip the inspiration Monday today but I am here with an equally inspiring project (at least it was to me) and as you can see from the title - I call it the Istanbul Shawl, which I made during the 9-10 hour car ride to Istanbul.
 
The stitch is repetitive and very easy to follow, yet it has a beautiful effect, although I found it a bit boring at times, but I believe the long driving is to blame for that. Much of its attractiveness falls to the hanging flowers/vines which add up onto the overall effect.
 
It looks just lovely wrapped around the shoulders but even better when it is wrapped around the neck, but we simply rushed with the photo shoot and didn't take any "wrapped around the neck" photos. Let me explain. This was one of those  photo shoots where we take pictures of several projects at a time and the first one (involving a fairy tale scene with lots of tulle) attracted quite a crowd so Eva didn't feel comfortable any more so (sadly) we snapped just a few of this shawl. We couldn't even find the brooch pin so had to improvise with a twig, which came out quite charmingly, if you don't mind me saying!
 
Stay tuned for more crochet goodies' reveal.




10 comments:

Alhana said...

It looks beautiful in its simplicity. The twig adds a nice rustic touch, if you ask me. Eva's being uncomfortable to gather such attention is logical, I stopped taking pictures outdoors for that reason too. Hope it won't the case with you though!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana! I don't think this would put us off. People have stared other times too, but would move on after a second or two. This time they stayed as if watching a performance :)

Kim said...

A wee bit of boredom was worth it with the finish of this lovely shawl. It would look fabulous around the neck but I rather love it draped around the shoulders. A fairy tale photo shoot with swathes of tulle sounds rather fun. Oh.....love the twig....who needs expensive brooches and the like, anyway.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Sorry your photo-shoot was disturbed. You did manage some great pictures of Eva though, at least she does not look harassed! Would have been to sad if she did, cause your shawl is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the dangling thingies at the one side!

ezgi said...

Wooow really good :)

Maya Kuzman said...

I agree Kim. The twig came as the perfect solution and gives the shawl a rustic feel :)

Maya Kuzman said...

To be honest Marjan, I am satisfied how all the photos turned out and the little disturbance shortened the phot shoot , but we have enough photos for both the blog and the shop.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ezgi!

Karren Haller said...

I love the color such a cute little shawl!!
Thank you for sharing on #omhgff!
Happy Thanksgiving coming!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for having me Karren!