Monday, June 13, 2016

Bohemian Summer: Clothes

 



Hello to you and to a fresh new week!
 
We are starting the bohemian summer series with an introduction of bohemian clothes.
 
The trend slowly and gradually started the past summers with body jewelry and certain clothes like maxi skirts and dresses and we mustn't forget - the kimonos. They were an absolute hit last summer. The trend continues to evolve and grow and I am sure it will have its peak this summer.
 

 
 
Bohemian clothes are lightweight and loose-fit, flowing and layered, with lots of crochet and lace (inserts), mostly  transparent and most often colorful. The clothes are matched in a non-traditional manner by mixing prints and using unusual color combinations. They include lots of oriental elements including robes, kimonos and ethnic designs of Persia, India, Turkey and China.
 


 
 
 
This style is bold, relaxed and laid-back, playful and just perfect for expressing one's individualism.

What piece would you wear over and over again? I am into lace shirts and tops and maxi dresses / skirts right now. And I hope I can find a flowery kimono I could wear to the beach this summer.
 

The jewelry plays a very important part so we'll get on that topic in another post.
 
 All images can be found on my Bohemian Summer Board

10 comments:

Mimi said...

I've always loved the Boho look. I adore Kimonos for night, day and anytime in between. So forgiving for the curvier girl ;-) Mimi xxx

cristina said...

I'd wear all the maxi dresses, I love them.

Maya Kuzman said...

Kimonos can be quite versatile . I just find it so cool styled with a top and over jeans. Very casual, yet stylish.

Maya Kuzman said...

One simply falls in love with the prints and the colors. And they add a touch of elegance too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am 64 and look for ways to wear Boho...but it's not easy. You are never too old...you just have to follow your style.

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, you are right, but I don't think there is an age limit to wear boho. Of course, I wouldn't dare wearing some pieces - it simply doesn't feel right, and I don't want to look ridicilous to say the least, but I can use some pieces to fit my personal style.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Maya,
I love that look and it's so popular this summer. The fabric is also nice and light and I love the blouses or tops in many different colors with the embroidery! :)
I hope you are having a nice week.
Julie

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Julie,
I agree with you. Embroidery can give such a glam to a simple piece :)

hellofadreamer said...

Hi and thanks for an inspiring post! I wonder about the dress in the last picture, where did you find it, where is it from? <3

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi there, the last sentence of the post contains a link to my board on pinterest where you can find all the relevant links for this post.