Friday, June 10, 2016

Bohemian Summer

 
 
 
 
I have a small announcement to make.
Starting from today, we'll have a bohemian summer here on the blog which will last until the end of summer in September.
 
Given the fact the bohemian trend has widely spread in all segments of life, and that yours truly is a boho passionate enthusiast, I think this would be a fun adventure since we'll be trying lots of DIY, feature and make bohemian clothes and accessories, follow on trending bohemian lifestyle and interior /exterior decorating  and lots more.
 

 
 
A little introduction of the term offered by the Internet:

Bohemianism is the practice of an unconventional lifestyle, often in the company of like-minded people that have an extremely wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature, etc.

In the past, Bohemians were associated with unorthodox or anti-establishment political or social viewpoints, which often were expressed through free love, frugality and in some cases - voluntary poverty. A more economically privileged, wealthy, or even aristocratic bohemian circle was sometimes referred to as haute bohème ("high bohemians"). More on the subject here.


 


19 comments:

marjol said...

Yes,I think this is a wonderful idea,
I am looking forward to these beautiful
things you find for us.

Thank you.

Divya N said...

The boho lifestyle is very complex and highly segmented unlike what people generally think. There are so many types of bohemianism - zen bohemian, neo, beat, dandy, gypsy and haute bohemian. I am so excited to see what you'll come up with

myrica said...

I love Boho clothes and all of the life style,
So nice to see more of it on your blogg.
Wish you a lovely day

CLB said...

All those pics are just beautiful, and I love what you do in bohemian style.
I also love the Mori style, but I think they're sort of cousins... ;)

Maya Kuzman said...

Marjol, thank you for dropping by! I am happy you like the idea and that you will get along with us in our boho pursuit :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya. Likewise :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you myrica! Happy Saturday to you!

Maya Kuzman said...

So well said Chris :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I always love your blog posts, but this is going to be a fun summer on your blog. I absolutely LOVE Boho style. I would surround myself in it, but not sadly my husband is a country farm boy who love barns and chickens...which by the way I DO NOT surround myself in.
xx, Carol

Maya Kuzman said...

So glad you will be joining us Carol :)
A nice gathering of soul mates that'll be.

Cream Linen said...

I love Boho style and although I live a more 'conventional' life, I'm bohemian at heart , I think.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you will share with us this summer.
Thank you for the lovely idea.
Tina x

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you on the positive feedback Tina! I am so happy people respond so well and enthusiatiscally to this idea of mine :)

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love bohemian style! The colors, the textures. And especially the jewelry!

Have a great week!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love Bohemian style and look forward to following your series all summer. Can't wait to see all that you've got Bohemian!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi Christine and welcome!

Maya Kuzman said...

So glad you are joining in on the boho fun AnnMarie!

Katherines Corner said...

what a fun theme. Love it! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things link party xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for taking the time to join me here Katherine!

JES said...

Sounds like fun! I really like the boho skirts and tops myself! :)

Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!