Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bloom


Last Friday I completed two dresses - one for me and one for Eva. I used the same pattern which is the same as this but elongated so as to make a dress. Eva is just the cutest in it, which cannot be said about my dress. I didn't make any darts which obviously I should have and since the fabric is a bit sturdy it doesn't follow the curves and it is slightly baggy-like.


The gathered (elasticated) neckline simply doesn't allow a lot of manipulation, but I think I am going to tame the dress. When I first tried it on the first thought that ran through was that it desperately needs a belt. On the other hand I've already have three dresses with belts on I thought this could do without one, and besides this was the look I was going for. So I'll have to opt on something else.
Featured:

4 comments:

Tuppence said...

Hooray on you being featured!!!

I can see why- it's a beautiful dress. Love the pattern on the material. And your daughter is gorgeous!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you! I immediately fell in love with the lovely fabric.

HAEMUS said...

I don’t know where did you find this material, but I love it. It reminds me on those Japanese screeners I used to study when I was at the university. I like Japanese flowers although in my city we have just one type of so called Japanese cherry which is blooming only 2 weeks in spring. And Eva is so pretty like she came out from a heaven with that bloomy dress. :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Vac - The feeling is mutual! I wish I had more of the fabric! Thank you on the lovely comment!