Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pink delight scarf

Today was a great day! I am almost done with the scarf I've been knitting. Here's a preview of it.



And I also whipped up the red dress I wrote about
here>.
As it turned out it's neither of the two dress sketches I made (told you!). It's something in between. I just need to embellish it. Because it is dark now I'll take the pictures tomorrow. And while at this I had quite a pleasant surprise! While having my afternoon break with a cup of coffee in front of the world, i.e. the computer I saw that today Burdastyle launched a competition titled "Pink and Red" garments!
I immediately decided to enter my dress although I am not certain that it is worth to be entered because it is... well... a bit plain. But on the other hand I would really like to participate. If I had know about this upcoming competition I would have put a lot of more effort and made something proper and decent (not that this one's not) - I am sure you get what I mean.

Another thing.
I am over the moon because tomorrow night me and my sweetheart are going to the cinema to see Avatar! All by ourselves! Can't wait! Getting the tickets was very hard - all shows were sold. However, I managed to resist being influenced by the bombing critiques on the net and the papers in order to really (unbiasedly) enjoy the film. I hate when prior to seeing a film or reading a book my judgment is tarnished with what I find miniscule attempts of huge egos to criticize over one's hard work. I can form my own opinions, thank you very much! I hope the film is not going to betray my expectations.

No comments: