Friday, February 3, 2012

Crochet tutorial: Six -Petalled Flower




Hello!
As I announced yesterday, here's the pattern for the simple six-petalled flower.

Pattern:
Chain 6 and join with a slip stitch to make ring.
Round 1: Make 6 sc in the ring. (Work tail in as you make the ring) Don't join. 
Round 2: *Chain 3 and make a sc in the sc stitch from the previous round*. Work from * to * until you finish all 6 sc from the previous round. You will have 6 petals.
Round 3: {Filling the petals} *Make 3 sc in the loop (petal) and 1 sl st.*. Work from * to *all the petals. When you come to the last one, after making the slip stitch, make another slip stitch in the rod between the last and the first petal, cut the yarn, thread a needle, tie a knot and weave the end.




By using different hooks and sizes of yarn you will get different sizes of flowers. The projects you can use these are numerous and I hope you enjoy making them. 

If you have any questions ask in the comment section or shoot me an e-mail at mayakuzmanAThotmailDOTcom


----------------
@ Lena: Since I know you follow me, I hope you are reading this - your mail provider keeps blocking my mail to you and I cannot send my reply. The answer is yes. You don't have to have an etsy account. Invoices can be sent through paypal. Thank you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely! I hope to make some soon.

harmony and rosie said...

I don't crochet but I do enjoy your tutorials. Love the Irish crochet necklace too.
Have a lovely weekend Maya x

Unknown said...

Oh cool, thanks for this Maya. I can certainly make some of these eh?

Gillian said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern Maya, your flowers are just darling...and I look forward to making some of these sweet flowers soon :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

These are perfect for using up leftover scraps of yarn. I love the necklace you created. and that puff stitch cape is dreamy. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Tammy

Unknown said...

Lovely, thanks for the tutorial and have a fab weekend, Ira

RobyGiup said...

Simple and cute! I think I can decorate with these flowers one of the baby dresses I sew!

Vanessa said...

HI, Maya

I am going to have to try this. I have never done anything like this. I'll take a picture and email to you if it comes out okay. LOL : )

Have a great week, friend.

Vanessa