Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Longing


Can you believe that the kids are already fed up with the winter. After having a spring like weekend, with the weather gradually getting warmer, with long walks in the park and a little ball playing, they were quite taken aback to see the snow on the streets this morning.

Well, the joy for the snow was certainly short-lived, maybe because the biting cold kept them locked inside these past weeks. Huddled on the sofa, we talked about all the things we are going to do in spring, and the places we are going to see. Since we love going for outings, the kids drew a scene we are to bring to life as soon as it gets warmer.


Did you get tired of the winter too?

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm tired of winter after the first cold day!! Though our winter this year has been super unusually mild. The cause is also causing you to have a worse winter.

I love the warm summer!

Erin Kate said...

Such pretty flowers!

Unknown said...

I'm no fan of winter either, winters are always too long and springs/summers always too short ;-) Can't wait for spring to arrive, at least that's the start of summer! love your crochet flowers, it's spring time!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Such a beautiful illustration!! Happy March Maya. I am not certain about where you live but in these parts, March can be very unpredictable, I am longing for spring to, but I don't get my hopes up.

Papgena Made It said...

I love winter! :D
Althought where I live usually there isn't snow. Usually it's very cold and rainny and darker days. But I like it, especially if I can stay at home. I like awaiting for spring, and hot drinks, the blankets and the coziness. :D
But, this year, around here, the winter it isn't winter it's spring and that makes me extremelly nervous! It's not normal! And I keep thinking that the winter will arrive, in the wrong month! :P

Cucicucicoo said...

that picture is so sweet! yes, i am also longing for spring even though where we are it's never extremely cold and we don't get snow. but just sitting in the warm sun makes me feel so happy inside! and of course going outside with the kids. :) lisa