Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Advent of Spring


Once again, I have returned to one of my (nicely tucked away) passions - embroidery. I am sure that those who are with me longer remember the organic jewelry series I had here on my blog more than a year ago. Well, I had made a stash of embroidered corks, patiently waiting for a project and the time came for me to reveal them. As a matter of fact I have prepared a tutorial for it, but it will have to wait for a while.


This one is called "The Advent of Spring" and it reflects the departing heavy winter and the advent of the life infusing spring. Accordingly, the colors range from deep to light(er) gray and coral pink. It is pleasure for the eyes. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Very unique! Love it!

Papgena Made It said...

I can't imagine have the patiente to embroider cork! Really! it's amazing! and bautiful too!

Unknown said...

Oh I remember these, yes. A very pretty and spring-y use of corks!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

The advent of spring, I love that. You are a true artist.

Unknown said...

Brilliant! Only you can come up with the idea of embroidering corks Maya!!!

Cucicucicoo said...

i love these so much! i commented on your embroidered corks when you originally posted them and i have a stash of them just waiting for me to do the same to them! i may not have time right now to do them, but i have not forgetten about them! :) lisa

Masustak eguzkitan said...

Maya, you´re so talented!!!! Your project is amazing! I´m waiting for the tutorial.
Maider

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

Love this! We have our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party going on now and would love for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_23.html