Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stuck inside

Snow.
It has been snowing for a week now. 



My snowflakes pattern on Ravelry

The sky has been shedding the most miniscule snowflakes one can imagine... they fall down as dust. So, as could be predicted, as of tomorrow school is cancelled for the rest of the week. Understandably, the kids are ecstatic for the snow day(s). This mother is worried. The temperature is expected to go as below as -20ยบC, so most of the time they are going to be at home. So in order to prevent domestic uprising, I have been ransacking Pinterest to have activities at hand to engage the children with. 
More news from us soon :)

8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Europe is having snow and we are having a spring like winter with warmer temps and not very much snow.

Sorry for your snow and temps but oh so happy about mine!

Unknown said...

Oh my. I wish we had a little of your snow. This is Canada and we've got nothing. And it's warm out. The weather is just STRANGE this year. Maybe you could build a fort or a snowman with your kids...

Unknown said...

Yes, temperatures have dropped tremendously, haven't they? Love that picture, it looks so serene and peaceful! In my country there's talk of having the major skating event, Elfstedentocht, an ice skating tour of 220 km connecting 11 cities up north, last possibility is coming Sunday, hope it'll work!

ByNightCreations said...

-20??? I had no idea it could get that cold over there... I even surprised myself thinking how nicely warm you probably were these days... was I ever wrong ;-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Well, the weather surely isn't what it used to be! Is Canada tending to become a tropical paradise? :)
With all the ultra-dramatic climate changes I am kind of happy for the snow. I wouldn't want to have spring / summer at full bloom in February. That would certainly freak me out!

Maya Kuzman said...

@Ira: Wow! That would be something spectacular!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That is cold!!! We are around zero and not a single flake. Enjoy your snow day! We haven't one this winter, where my childhood was full of them.

Papgena Made It said...

That is cold!! My husband and daughter would love to have snow!! We are having cold (not so cold as you have!) but there isn't rain or snow, just sunny days! They are talking about being a drought year! Hope that you could be able to leave the house by now!