Monday, August 7, 2017

Katrin Moye - Childhood Memories Imprinted onto Clay





What magically drew me almost instantly to Katrin Moye's wondrous ceramics is her unique decorating techniques echoing memories of times past. She uses clay as her canvas onto which she portrays her recollections of her childhood memories growing up in England and Germany in the 1970s, embodying too the Scandinavian decorative style influenced by her Danish godmother.

Katrin's ceramics are hand made out of  white earthenware clay, with decorations hand applied with coloured slips and underglazes, using a variety of decorating techniques including paper cut resists, trailing, sponging and painting.

The subject matter includes folk art, textiles, book illustrations and handmade crafts along with herb jars, coffee pots and cushions which all take their place in the iconography of her patterns and drawings.

If you are obsessed with vintage patterns as much as I am, you'll enjoy this astonishing clay collection.








Follow Katrin on Facebook  and Instagram.
We will be dabbing into clay ourselves, so do drop back to see what we have prepared.

7 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

The ceramics remind me of Bunzlauer, but much brighter and lighter. The plates sure are too beautiful too eat from! But I can imagine myself holding one of those mugs inhaling the taste of my tea, feeling the warmth through the ceramic and simply enjoying the moment...
Have a great week,
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

I haven't hear of Bunzlauer ceramics until your comment, so thank you for introducing it. Already did a small reading on it. As for Katrin's pottery- well I wouldn't mind having her collection in my kitchen! It would be delightful!

Christina(ArtDecorationCrafting) said...

They are gorgeous all of them! They remind me some old stitches I have from my grandmother.

www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

Divya N said...

The pieces are gorgeous and have a childlike quality to them

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond said...

These ceramics are so beautiful and I love the colours. Thanks for sharing and linking up at #overthemoon link party. Have a lovely day.

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond said...

Congratulations Katherine! I have chosen your post to be featured on next week's #overthemoon link party. Hope you will join us again.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sue! I appreciate that!
My name is Maya and I feafured Katrin's work.
I'll be sure to join the party again.