Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Woolen Brooch

 
 
 
I have a couple of winter coats that I want to freshen up this winter and add them a bit of color, so this time I turned to woolen yarn because I wanted to make my flowers a little robust-y. As a foundation I used a bra pad which I covered with felt and although I know a ton of flower patterns, I challenged myself to make some new ones. Needless to say, I am satisfied how these turned out. After working on the arrangement, in the end I had to add some beads to cover the spaces peeking from beneath. I also wanted to add some ribbons (sateen and crocheted) but left that idea out.
I am designing my newest winter collection which is inspired by the Victorian era and that is why I am lately {more than usual} obsessed with lace. 
 
 

 

10 comments:

Cream Linen said...

This is really beautiful ! I love the colours and the flowers.

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Absolutely adorable! This brooch is sooo lovely! Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll love wearing it on your winter coats!
Hugs,
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Tina! I cannot shake off the pinks no matter how hard I try :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Haha.. no doubt about that Marjan! We are in the springs this week, about 25 degrees with no sign of cooler temps. But soon it will have its debut :)

Mia said...

This brooch is beautiful, Maya. I love the colours and the flowers but most of all I LOVE the idea of using a bra pad! Such a clever idea! You are absolutely great, my friend.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Mia this is not the first time for me to use bra pads for my projects. If intersted there are some neat ideas how to use them - try through the search bar of my blog.

Divya N said...

I love how you reuse your bras. Under the underwire necklace, a bra pad brooch is a great reuse

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya. Hate to throw those things away.

Kate said...

Your brooch is so lovely - I like the colours you've used and I know how much fun it is to create your own flower. This brooch will be beautiful on any winter coat.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kate :)