Sweet Marjan of Atelier Marie-Lucienne tagged me in an "about me" game on instagram, and opposite to my first reaction in playing online games to pass it on - I actually decided to play on. It was nice to bring some freshness into a routine filled day.
So, hopefully I am not going to bore you to death with this. At the same time, a warm welcome to my new followers, and if you were curious who's behind this blog, here's a little something:
1. I am a mom of 2 kids: Eva (16) & Jacob (11)
2. Cliché but true: married my high school love
3. I have a BA in English Language and Literature and besides working as an ESL teacher, I am also a certified court translator
4. As a kid I dreamed being an actress and a writer. It came true: I act in my classes and write for my blog 😝
5. I love languages: my second language at uni was Spanish. I speak 3 other languages fluently and stagger with 2 more.
6. Films and books are my addiction. I love horrors but not the ones where a guy chases them with an axe, but the subtle, tense ones that creep under your skin and make it crawl. Thrillers and actions too. This applies for books too.
7. I am an adrenaline junkie - but lately reason prevails ;/
I am a mom for crying out loud!
8. Paternal grandma was a masterful knitter / crocheter, maternal a professional seamstress - there I acquired my talents. No handwork is strange to me.
9. Travels are my passion. We'd love to visit Morocco (or Cappadocia) in the near future.
10. I have huge collections of postcards, Christmas cards and stamps.
11. In the past I corresponded with pen-pals from more than 50 countries. Sounds antique from this point of view and technological advances. Nonetheless, I'd still do it.
12. I love to look for images in coffee mugs and clouds.
13. Harry Potter fan. Sad it wasn't written when I was a child - it would have been a magical childhood. But I got to enjoy my kids magical childhood watching (and reading) it.
14. I wish I was born near a sea. Crazy over swimming in crystal blue waters.
15. I've been making jewelry since elementary school, so this passion has sound foundations.
16. When I grow up I want to design kids clothes.
17. Favorite daily drinks: coffee and cranberry tea with a generous amount of ginger
18. Favorite colors: dusky rose and blue
19. Zodiac sign: Leo
20. Lost my dad when I was 23. Terribly miss him every. single. day.