Wednesday, July 5, 2017

DIY Bohemian Hand Bracelet


 



Hi guys!
If you are boho crazy like me, join us today because we are going to make a beautiful hand bracelet. Don't worry because this project does not go further than joining different lengths of chain with certain findings. Haha... that sounded funny. Sounds easy too? It is!
 
What you need:
 
 

 
1. A pendant, piece of jewelry that could be connected on the upper and bottom part (preferably with holes)
2. A long piece of chain - not more than 15 cm / 5.9"
3. 3-4 regular jump rings +1 smaller and a lobster clasp
 
Step 1
 
 
Wrap the chain around your middle finger and measure how much you need to make a chain ring, cut excess chain. Mind not to make it too tight so to stop circulation! Use the smaller jump ring to make a ring.
 
Step 2
 
 
Next place the pendant on your hand and measure how much chain you need to connect it with the ring. Cut chain and join on the same small jump ring. Attach a jump ring on the pendant too. Step 2 is done.
 
Step 3
 
 
Now, we need to measure 2 chains for the bracelet that are going to be attached to the bottom of the pendant. Measure desired length of chain, attach it on the bottom of the pendant, at the back add a jump ring on one chain and (a jump ring onto which you attach ) a lobster clasp on the other and you are done.
 
It was easy, isn't it?
 
 
I made this bracelet for myself and I cannot wait to wear it on our upcoming vacation. I also made several different pieces more for my bohemian collection, using this technique, so you just let your imagination run and create the perfect boho bracelet for yourself.
 
 
 

6 comments:

Divya N said...

very cool. When I make handchains I find that using a link from the same chain (that I am using for the base to connect bits for the ring) makes it more comfortable to wear rather than using a round jump ring. Esp if you want to close your fingers to make a fist or grab/lift something

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Looks great. And looks "simple" to make. Thank you for sharing!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thanks for the tip Divya, although there is no problem moving your hand with this. The ring chain does not fall off nor thightens. But I would love to try your tip.

Maya Kuzman said...

You are welcome Marjan!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful and will certainly look good on you.
How do you do that, you always come up with such great ideas!?
Have a nice day, Sigrid

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid :)
You should see my notebook where I dot all my ideas. I think I will need another lifetime to realize them all :)