Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Pink Flamingoes - free crochet patterns



 

 
 
I am sure you have all seen the flamingo craze taking over the world right now. It is unbelievable. Seriously.
So seeing it everywhere, I wished to make myself a flamingo brooch, but when I started searching for a pattern, well... to say I was overwhelmed by the amount of flamingo projects shown would be an understatement.


You can see these birdies stitched, sewn, crocheted, felted and beaded - you name it - someone has made it! But here, we are interested in crochet patterns, as I was saying....

The selection is lovely and they are all cute, so it's hard to pick a favourite. Will you make one this summer? Which one of these do you like best?




10 comments:

Alhana said...

I remembering going to the salt lakes near town with my father so many years ago and observing the flamingos there, pink birds reflecting on the pinkish waters. Your post brought back so many memories! Perhaps I should crochet one of these cute patterns (loved the flowers on the first one!) and keep it as a late memento. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

So happy this post brought sweet memories back :)
The first one is so romantic and chic, flowers and posture and all :)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Nope - won't be making one. Never liked flamingos. Never did, not as a child and not now. That's not the fault of the birds though. At the zoo everyone used to go "Oooh" and "Aaah" at the flamingos - never understood why. There are prettier birds around: Humingbirds for instance or sweet little robins, barnowls, haughty peacocks, cocky sparrows or even plain tits...

Maya Kuzman said...

Haha... love your take on flamingoes. You are right about them not being the most beautiful of birds and though not very much into following trends blindly, I am going to make the first one : )

Anonymous said...

Nice to see all those different kinds of flamingos :-)
But I'm not going to make a flamingo because I'm tired of them, they are everywhere like you said. And this is the second or 3rd summer that you see them everywhere. I've had enough flamingos :-)
I like to see those animals in the zoo, but that's it.
Maybe if you crochet a yellow one, or a purple flamingo? I'd like that! ;-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Nope. I am still not bored with them. Pink it is going to be :)

Kim said...

Very cute, your pretty in pink, Flamingos, Maya. I was not aware they are all the rage. I guess I had better come out from under that rock. =)

Maya Kuzman said...

:)

handmade by amalia said...

Adorable. Who can resist a pink flamingo?
Amalia
xo

Stephanie Abbott said...

Those are all so cute. Pinning. Thanks for sharing at the To Grandmas House We Go Link Party.