Monday, July 24, 2017

Vanessa Montoro - Handmade Silk Crochet


 

When I first encountered one of Brazilian crochet designer Vanessa Montoro's dresses I was earnestly in awe at the beauty of it. One might say it was love at first sight.
Her creations are most recognized and high demanded for several reasons. The most common one being that her creations are handmade from beginning to end, with hand spun and hand died silk which adds a special quality to her original and timeless creations.
 
 
 
 
The brand uses the purest and smoothest silk.
Dyeing is completely handmade, with natural pigments such as yerba mate, annatto, spinach, onion skin, coffee powder, eucalyptus and blackberry leaves, which ensure a singular tone the pieces and make it an unparalleled product. See their interesting how it's made
 dyeing.




In their introduction to the public they emphasize the following:
"To make the production of such quality pieces possible, Vanessa Montoro doesn’t work with mass-production nor uses any industrial method. Each piece has its own particularity, charm and sophistication. They are luxurious pieces, yet versatile, timeless and do not follow any fashion trend.
                       
Among the products created, there are blouses, coats, dresses, pelerines and whatever else might come to Vanessa Montoro’s mind, where the process begins. Once the template piece is developed and approved, very few units of the same model will be made, and still with color and some detail changes.
                       

 
Vanessa Montoro pieces concept come from the marriage between knitting and crochet to manual spinning and dyeing with natural pigments show. She brought this kind of art from history roots, right into the middle of 21st century, among paraphernalia of industrialization and information technology. The process is raw and beautiful, qualities that make a difference and stand out at current environment."
 

 
I am sure you are as enchanted with her creations as I am. If I could, I'd pick one in every single color they have to wear for the rest of my life.  Enjoy more of Vanessa Montoro here.

10 comments:

Divya N said...

I have never worn a crochet dress or top in my life but these look really elegant and classy. Also I didn't know that spinach can be used to dye yarns. It sounds very interesting

Christina(ArtDecorationCrafting) said...

Wow!!! This only I can say!!! They are so beautiful, so gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing with us ... have a wonderful week :)

https://artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.gr

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Absolutely stunning! Really amazing! Awesome! Even got a favourite one right away - a red one (can you believe this!?). But I'd need to lose at least 10 kg to fit into any of them!
Thank you for sharing!

Maya Kuzman said...

I have a couple of crochet dresses but didn't wear them for years. The tops I have are worn all the time. This year I tried dyeing my eggs with spinach, beet and onions and turned Ok. However haven't tried them on clothes / fabric.

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad you are sharing my enthusiasm Christina! Thank you!

Maya Kuzman said...

I knew you'd like them Marjan! I went through her website a million times and somehow I always stopped at the amazin green ones. I thought I'd be more attracted by the blue or the lilac dresses :)

Mia said...

Wow! Stunning dresses! I love crochet clothes, but these are absolutely amazing! Kisses, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing another interesting person and her ideas...
The dresses and the story are magnificent!
I'll certainly have a closer look to her website.
The purple dress in the last picture you show is one of my favorites, though, as Marjan also mentioned, I'd have to lose some weight for that dress.
Have a great day, Sigrid

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid! Some nice crochet dresses always serve as an inspiration boost to me. Happy Tuesday!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad you like them Mia!