Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Summer Trend: What's Your Tropical Motif?

Via Dolce & Gabbana

 
 
The tropics with their balmy weather, lush vegetation and explosion of colors have been influencing the modern design world for quite some time now. The colorful and eye-catching tropical motifs include palm leaves and exotic flowers, flamingoes and toucans, pineapples and watermelons, just to name a few.
 
From modern furniture to accessories they add a sublime and highly attractive feel and tend to bring fresh tropical air and pop of color to our concrete jungles. At least for while.

I wrote last week about the flamingo influencing the crochet world, but one can note that the same has been going on for the pineapple and cacti.
 
What's your favourite tropical motif? Or maybe you didn't succumb to their charm ? :)
 

 
Via Primark & Shopstyle

 Via Uterque & Zara
 
 
For us crocheters, I selected these free patterns:
 
Watermelon crochet patterns
 
 
 
Pineapple Crochet Patterns
 
 
 
 
Cacti Crochet Patterns
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy them all!
 
 
**********************
This post was originally created for my site The Little Treasures and additionally adapted to fit the content of my blog. 

 

9 comments:

Alhana said...

Summer for me means watermelons whereas pineapples remind me of the Tropic and Caribbean lifestyle. Maybe because we receive migrating flamingos in winter, they don't bring back exotic feelings but cold sunny mornings instead. And cacti... they're with us all year long! :-)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

A tropical motiv includes palm leaves and exotic flowers to me. You know how I feel about flamingos... but neither watermelon (yummy) nor pineapples (more yummy) really make me think af tropical islands either. I prefer an explosion of colours in front of palm trees...
Have a great time,
Marjan

Divya N said...

The pineapple trend has been around for almost a year now. From motifs on phone cases to photo props pineapple fruit and leaves (along with palm leaves) are everywhere. Its a wonder how and why it still continues after a year

Maya Kuzman said...

Really? I didn't know that about the flamingoes. So interesting to find out how certain motifs have different notions and significance across cultures :)

Maya Kuzman said...

I am with you on this Marjan. Sandy beaches, palm trees, blue waters mean tropics to me. An explosion of colors is obligatory.

Maya Kuzman said...

That's right Divya. It is unbelieavable that they are still hard on in popularity. I haven't grown old on them yet :)

handmade by amalia said...

I do like a pink flamingo.
Amalia
xo

ezgi said...

Thanks for the crochet patterns :)

Maya Kuzman said...

You are welcome Ezgi!