Friday, July 21, 2017

DIY Lace Boho Cuff






I am terribly late with my posts this week but you'll just have to bear with me! There is too much to see in Corfu and so little time left when we actually get back at night, so right now I am juggling with my posts:)

This is a sweet weekend project for a lace boho cuff I've prepared that can be finished in no time - I just love these kinds of projects where you can whip something in a matter of minutes and head out of the door wearing it.

So what you need is:
1. A wide piece of lace (length: to fit your wrist)
2. Decorative coins and beads
3. 2 clasps
4. A metal chain and jump rings
5. Sewing needle and thread (sewing machine)


 
 
Cut a piece of lace that would be as long to go around your wrist but not cover it completely. Mind to add a little seam allowance because we are going to sew the edges.  For this project I repurposed lace from one of the blouses I had lying around, so an oldie can be a goldie.
 

 
 
Fold the ends, pin and sew to secure. Lace can fray like crazy sometimes. I used my sewing machine for this because the lace has a lot of hollows and it was easier than doing it by hand.
 

 
After sewing the edges, add the clasps. I noticed afterwards that they mine are not properly lined up. Mind that please.
 
 
Add jump rings on the respective sides and attach the chain.
 
My lace with its circle-designed edges is just perfect to add coins between them.
 
 
 
And because I went with the black and metallic (silver) look, I chose round metal beads to add to the middle of the lace and fill those spaces up.

 
And it is done! I am very satisfied how it turned out and even more at how it looks when styled.
 
This is the blouse I used it from - this particular piece was taken from the sleeve.
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! And great pictures again!
You're lucky to have such a good model;-)
Enjoy Corfu,
Sigrid

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful. I hope you're having an amazing time in Corfu.
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid!

Maya Kuzman said...

We are Amalia!It is divine. Hope to get the pictures ready for a new post soon :)
Thank you for following up!

Alhana said...

A white lace bracelet looks perfect for the summer!
Lovely pictures, as usual.
Enjoy your vacation!

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Looking great! Looks "simple" to make (as long as one's got all that's needed) but it has such a big effect. Smart and sophisticated and so sweet!
Don't get sunburned!
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana!

Maya Kuzman said...

We arevcareful not to, Marjan! Thanx!

Divya N said...

The cuff looks lovely. I feel that it is the right amount of dressy for the shorts and cami that Eva is wearing

Stephanie Abbott said...

That cuff is so nice. Clever idea, Maya!

Kim said...

Fabulous cuff, Maya. Sounds as if you are all enjoying Corfu to the max. :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you all on the positive feedback girls!

Mary K. said...

Maya it is very beautiful and it also looks like an ancient Greek piece of jewelry. I guess the island agrees with you.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Another beautiful handmade project Maya. Thank you for linking up at Create, Bake, Grow and Gather last week. I'm delighted to be featuring your pretty boho lace cuff at today's party and pinning it to the party board.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Maya Kuzman said...

Kerryanne, that is so exciting! I appreciate it greatly! Thank you so much!