Friday, July 24, 2020

A Bubble Dress into a Yarn Bag - repurpose project


 
  
I am always in a search for a good piece I can refashion, or use a piece of fabric to make flowers for my projects, so I've asked family and friends to consult me about interesting clothing / fabric before throwing them out, and so it happened that I received this bubble dress.
The minute I saw it, I knew it would make a perfect bag for my crochet goodies. Whenever, we go on a trip, I always carry my ongoing crochet projects with me, and I thought this one would be great to carry everything I need.


What I did: I cut off the upper panel and sew that part up. Turned the bag upside-down, so the bottom came up, made a hole on the other end so that I can pull the straps on the other side as well. And lastly, I sewed flowers to decorate it. 

We are going on a trip soon, and I cannot wait to see how and if this would be practical.

 


10 comments:

Alhana said...

What a great idea to upcycle old clothes! I hope you have a nice trip. :-)

Kim said...

I love how you have upcycled the dress, Maya. Love too, the gorgeous crochet flowers accessorising the bag. This will be perfect for your trip.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana! Cannot wait! We are going to Ohrid for our holidays, where I hope to have some quality time resting as well as working on my future designs :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim :)
It will be tested in less than a week.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

What a creative idea to fashion clothing into a project bag! I love it and it looks so pretty. You did a great job Maya and I hope you enjoy using this bag.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! I just hate seeing a good and usable piece thrown into the landfill.

Jo (A Rose Tinted World) said...

What a fabulous idea, and I love your embellishments.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Jo!

Divya N said...

I love the floral sprig. It really brightens up the bag.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Fabulous re-purpose Maya and doesn't the black provide such a great background for your gorgeous flowers.
Thank you for sharing your bubble dress to yarn bag re-purpose at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and pinning too.
Hugs,
Kerryanne