Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Puff Roses Necklace and Earrings - free pattern



I am working on a beige summer blouse that has an intricate pattern, plus it is decorated with flowers, so I thought a minuscule jewelry would be appropriate (if I am not mistaken), one that would not be overly dominating, but still effective, so I made these puff roses. They are quite tiny (see last picture), but immensely beautiful as such.

I documented the process, so you can make them if they catch your eye. 

Supplies:
*crochet thread #5 in 3 colors
* 1.70 mm hook 
* pearl beads, jump rings, earring hooks, metal chain, lobster clasp.

Puff Rose Pattern:
 
Foundation and round 1: Ch5 and join to make a ring. Sc4 in ring, then sl st in 1st to make the 5th stitch. 
Round 2: ch1 and make a 5dc puff, ch1 and sl st in the next st. Repeat this pattern for all the stitches.When done, leave a long tail that you'll use to sew on the bead and the neighboring flower.

 
Make 3 flowers in all of the 3 colors. Sew on the beads. Work on the arrangement of colors and then sew the flowers together at the back. 

Add jump rings in the center of the set you want for earrings and attach an earring hook. I added a small chain to the bottom of my earrings to make them more interesting, and because I thought they were too bare. I tried adding a bead(s), but it appeared to bulky, and I didn't like how it looked. Attach jump rings on a chain at the side of flowers for the necklace. 

 

Perfect, aren't they? The right thing to make as a last minute gift. 



17 comments:

Divya said...

Love the earrings as they look bold, heavy and textural while being lightweight at the same time.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya! You summed it up perfectly.

handmade by amalia said...

So lovely, Maya. Pinned!
Amalia
xo

cristina said...

very, very stylish

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you, Amalia!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you!

Alhana said...

I love how these little beauties turned out! Now I know what will I do with the cotton leftovers from your tube necklaces kit. <3

Kate said...

These are beautiful Maya!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

The necklace and earring set you made is stunning Maya. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the weekend.

Kim said...

Those puff roses are lovely. How fabulous you fashioned them into earrings.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you on the sweet comments, lovely ladies :)

Liz said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Maya! Look for these to be featured in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Louca por porcelana said...

WOW!Just wonderful!I am glad I stopped by!

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

Those earrings are my favorite! I love dangle earrings, and the colors are perfect. I've chosen this set as one of my features at this week's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party, which goes live Saturday evening.

Maya Kuzman said...

You are so kind Alexandra! Thank you so much! I am flattered! Wouldn't miss joining the party!

Maya Kuzman said...

Much obliged Michelle! Thank you!