Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Like Flowers & Butterflies



This is a necklace I made for myself for a TV talk show I just had today. Planning the outfit for the show, which by the way was a plain chiffon blouse in the softest peach you can imagine over plain black trousers, I wanted to make a vivid, playful necklace that would give life and texture to the blouse.

Immediately a beaded butterfly came to mind surrounded by flowers - just as you see it, so I made a couple of my favourite flowers - just as I did for this one not long ago.

The beads as you see them, were not part of the original design. As a matter of fact I wanted the beaded chain to hang under the flowers, but it was not good- not good at all - take my word for it - and I tried putting those short beaded chains at the side and quite liked how the whole piece came together when I did.  And that is how my newest necklace was born.




As for the TV show, it was fantastic! (Follow my insta stories!!!) I was invited over for a chat due to my feature in the Artful Blogging Magazine. I had the greatest time and talked my heart out. I talked about the feature, my blog and how everything started in the first place.



The lighting in the studio was not intended to make great smartphone photos so here's a grainy one with my hosts Tino & Spasiya.



Phew. I am off to chill and let all emotions quiet down. 

17 comments:

Kate said...

Maya, your necklace is beautiful! I'm always in awe of the colours that you use. Congratulations for being a guest on the tv show - a compliment to your talent.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much dear Kate! It is not a surprise I continually come back to my favourite color combos. They really suit my complexion and wardrobe :)

Divya N said...

Wow! Congrats on being a guest on a TV show. I hope you had a experience.

Maya Kuzman said...

It was quite relaxed and I talked my heart out :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Maya, oh WOW!! First, you are featured in a magazine and now on TV! That is so amazing and exciting. You are so talented and you deserve it! :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! Luckily, I have built my presence locally and I am glad to be invited to the media :)

Mia said...

What a great experience, Maya!!!!!! Definitely unique!!!!!!! Congratulations for the TV show, my friend. Your necklace is stunning!!!!!!!!!!! Kisses!!!!!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Mia!

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

How thrilling - pitty we won't be able to see that TV show here... But your necklace was stunning - as all your jewelery is!

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, it was! The show was actually uploaded on youtube the very same day, but it's not in English and somehow I am not willing to post it here...

Alhana said...

Beautiful necklace! I can't imagine why it didn't look good with beads under the flowers, but I take your word for it. Congratulations on being on the show, now I regret missing your stories during the week as I would have loved watching you on TV. :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Alhana! I appreciate it!

Kim said...

A most beautiful necklace; just perfect a TV star. =) How positively exciting for you, Maya.

A Crafty Mix said...

A beautiful necklace for a beautiful lady. Congrats Maya, you are a super star and extremely talented.

Tarahlynn said...

So very pretty! grandmashousediy.com

Anabelia Craft Design said...

A superb choice of colors for your personal necklace. I'm sure it looked wonderful on your peach-colored chiffon blouse. And I've always thought that your crochet flowers are simply divine. Have a wonderful week, dear!

Mary K. said...

Congratulations Maya, your necklace was perfect for the TV show, but you are such a talent you only need to do your thing and they will come to you!