Wednesday, June 6, 2018

The Flamenco Tube Necklace

 
 
My class had their junior prom recently and for the occasion I chose a red blouse with a black skirt with a print of soft delicate bouquets of flowers scattered about it. I had an "appropriate necklace" chose for the outfit, but on the very day of the party I chose not to wear it and instead make something that would be "me". I actually made flowers to resemble ones on the print, so in the end it was a successful attempt and quite eye-catching.
 
 
Again I played with my favourite tubes here and for this one I designed two flower patterns which are so easy to make I don't think I will use other patterns in a while.  
 
I may have mentioned the production of my crochet tube kits before - it has taken me ages, literally, but I think the time to reveal them is getting near and I plan to include the pattern for these flowers as a gift. But more on it when the time comes.
 
Goodbye for now. I will see you on Friday!
 

14 comments:

Mia said...

Amazing crochet necklace, Maya! Oh, my friend, I just LLLLLLOVE it!!!!! Kisses!!!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Mia. I don't like black and avoid working with it, but am quite satisfied how this one turned out.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Very good idea to wear a necklace that is more 'you'! The black and the red look vibrant together. Ever since I discovered your blog I'm wanting to make my own jewellery, but never took time to try it out. Must do that soon now, because it is so unique and you give me tons of inspiration!

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Very stylish! And there wasn't one person around wearing such exclusive jewelry too either!

Alhana said...

The moment I saw this necklace I thought of flamenco dancers, as they usually do wear red and black for their performances. :-) Wearing your own handmade and designed jewellery was a great choice for the prom. Well done!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am honored Sigrid! Thank you!

Maya Kuzman said...

And you know what? There really wasn't . hahaha....

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes. That was the inspiration, hence the name. Thank you for the sweetest comment Alhana!

Cream Linen said...

Beautiful ,Maya!I love the combination of colours.Have a lovely weekend! Tina

Divya N said...

The flowered neckpiece looks cute. As a fellow teacher I know that it feels great to dress up for the little "big" occasions in the students of your students. I would love to see a picture of you wearing it at the Prom.

Karren Haller said...

What an amazing necklace and the colors are wonderful!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

No doubt you looked stunning!

A Crafty Mix said...

It's lovely Maya, but where's the picture of you in the whole outfit ;-) I'd love to see it

Mary K. said...

This is such a striking piece of jewelry Maya. Love those bold colors.